This travel credit is significantly better than we thought it would be, it’s more in like with the Citi Prestige benefit than the Ritz-Carlton benefit. This benefit from Chase is significantly better though as it doesn’t just apply to airlines, but hotels and other assorted fees. I can’t wait for this card to officially launch.
- $300 credit is for all purchases in the travel category
- $300 annual credit is based on a calendar year and when your statement posts. For example if your December statements post on the 14th then purchases that settle on the 15th will count for the following year. So if you signed up in March, you should be easily able to get the credit twice.
- Transaction needs to post before the end of your December statement to qualify for a credit, regardless of when the purchase was made (e.g last minute purchases in December are not a good idea)
- Statement credit will be processed automatically and will appear on your monthly credit card bill within 1-2 billing cycles
- Authorized users don’t receive the $300 travel credit, but their purchases will count towards the primary cardholders credit